For Immediate Release
For additional information
Media Contact: Josh Ward
Blue Heron Communications
Ranger Cup Program Delivers All-Time Richest Bonus Payouts.
FLIPPIN (March 8, 2005) With the all-time highest contingency payouts in tournament fishing, the legendary Ranger Cup program continues to be the bellwether. In 2005, the program has added more qualified events, more money, and more opportunity for Ranger anglers to take home even larger winnings. The popular program currently covers literally hundreds of national, regional, and grass roots fishing events.
According to Ranger Promotions Coordinator, Scott Arms, "To date, more than $1.8 million has been paid out in bonus money to Ranger owner/anglers who have participated in Ranger Cup. That's more than the awards of all of the other competitive programs combined and we're pleased to continue to make such a strong commitment to our family of anglers."
With so much opportunity at numerous competitive levels, Ranger boat owners are encouraged to sign up now to make the most of every event. Ranger Cup payouts are available for the following tournament trails: The Ranger Cup (includes Wal-Mart FLW Tour and Bassmaster Tour events), EverStart Series, B.A.S.S. Federation, Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League (BFL), B.A.S.S. Opens, Walleye Cup (includes selected FLW Walleye and PWT events), Texas Tournament Trail, MWC and many other regional and grass roots circuits. To qualify for Ranger Cup competition, anglers must own a Ranger boat, fish from a Ranger in qualifying tournaments, meet clothing and decal display requirements, and return a completed official registration form. To be eligible for an additional 50 percent Yamaha bonus payout, Ranger Cup participants must also fish from a Ranger boat powered by a Yamaha outboard at all qualifying tournaments. The official registration must indicate the serial number of the engine to qualify for the bonus.
Specific details and sign-up information for the Ranger Owners Group, Ranger Cup, and other Owner's Bonus programs are available by calling (870) 453-2222, ext. 2415, e-mailing email@example.com or by visiting the Ranger Boats Web site at www.rangerboats.com. Fans can follow the Ranger Cup competition in all tournaments throughout the year by visiting FLW.com or BassFan.com and clicking on the special Ranger Cup icon.
Ranger Cup Bonus Program Presented by Ranger Boats
Cash and prizes will be awarded to 2005 Ranger Cup participants competing in more than 20 tournament circuits. The following are details on the national Ranger Cup programs:
- "The Ranger Cup 2005" - Qualifying will take place in six Wal-Mart FLW Tour events and six Citgo Bassmaster events (E-50 Events not included). The top six Ranger Cup point finishers (as tracked by Ranger) in 2005 will be awarded $170,000 in cash including $50,000 for the champion.
- Ranger Cup EverStart Series 2005 - All EverStart Series tournaments will serve as qualifying events. Ranger Cup participants who win an EverStart tournament are eligible for a $3,000 cash prize. The highest placing registered Ranger Cup participant at the EverStart Championship event will be awarded $10,000.
- Ranger Cup B.A.S.S. Federations 2005 - Participating State Federation events will serve as qualifying events. In addition to varying payouts and prizes for the individual events, the highest finishing registered Ranger Cup participant at the Federation Championship will be awarded a 519VX Ranger boat and RangerTrail trailer.
- Ranger Cup Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League (BFL) 2005 - All Wal-Mart BFL tournaments will serve as qualifying events. The highest placing registered Ranger Cup participant at the BFL All American will win a 519VX Ranger boat and RangerTrail trailer. In addition, Ranger Cup participants who register prior to a BFL tournament will be eligible for a $1,000 cash prize for winning any of the regular season, wild card or regional tournaments.
- Ranger Cup B.A.S.S. Opens 2005 - All regular season B.A.S.S. Open Tournaments will serve as qualifying events. Ranger Cup participants who register prior to a B.A.S.S. Open Tournament (and return their affidavit within five business days of the tournament) are eligible for a $3,000 cash prize for winning any of the tournaments.
- Ranger Cup Walleye 2005 - Qualifying events include four regular season FLW Walleye events, three regular season east division PWT events and three regular season west division PWT events. The Ranger Cup participant accumulating the most points (as tracked by Ranger) in qualifying events wins a Ranger 620VS boat and RangerTrail trailer. Cash prizes totaling $32,500 will be awarded to the Ranger Cup participants finishing second through tenth in the point standings.
- Ranger Cup Wal-Mart Texas Tournament Trail (TTT) 2005 - Qualifying events includes all four Wal-Mart TTT regular season tournaments. The highest finishing Ranger Cup participant who registers prior to a TTT Tournament will be eligible for a $5,000 cash prize.
In order to sign up for Ranger Cup competition, anglers must become a member of the Ranger Owners Group. The Owners Group Premium Level offers the following package: Boat & Angler quarterly newsletter, membership card, Ranger Tackle bag, four custom tackle trays, Ranger fishing towel, Ranger cap and Ranger Owners Group decal.
Powered by Yamaha Offered again in 2005, the "Powered By Yamaha" element gives participating Ranger Cup anglers the opportunity to win an additional 50 percent more in cash payouts by meeting product and promotion requirements set by Ranger Boats and Yamaha.
To calculate the total Ranger Cup Powered by Yamaha bonus, simply multiply the Ranger Cup payout by 1.5. For example, if the Ranger Cup payout for a specific tournament is $6,000 multiply by 1.5 which equals $9,000 and that would be the total Ranger Cup Powered by Yamaha payout. The winning participant must also meet the Yamaha bonus eligibility requirements to receive the additional payout.
Contact Info: Details of the Ranger Owners Group and Ranger Cup program are available by calling (870) 453-2222, ext. 2415, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the Ranger Boats Web site at www.rangerboats.com.
Ranger Boats, headquartered in Flippin, Ark., is the nation's largest manufacturer of premium fiberglass fishing boats, including a series of bass, multi-species, fish 'n play and saltwater boats. Founded in 1968 by Forrest L. Wood, Ranger Boats continues its commitment to building the highest quality, strongest performing boats on the water. More information on Ranger Boats and the benefits of the Ranger Owners Group can be found by visiting www.rangerboats.com or calling toll-free 1-800-373-2628. Genmar, with approximately 5,000 employees and 9 manufacturing centers, is the builder of 15 premier brands of recreational boats and the industry's technological leader in the United States and Europe with the development of VEC™ Technology and the Roplene® process. Genmar boat brands include Aquasport®, Carver®, Champion®, Four Winns®, Glastron®, Hydra-Sports®, Larson®, Marquis®, Nuvari®, Ranger®, Seaswirl®, Stratos®, Triumph®, Wellcraft® and Windsor Craft™.
Contact: Scott Arms at 870-453-2222 or by email at email@example.com. For the most up-to-date information, news release archives, downloadable high-resolution logos and photographs of Genmar® products, visit the Web site at www.genmar.com/pr. Check back regularly for new stories on Genmar and its companies.