For Immediate Release
For additional information
Media Contact: Josh Ward
Blue Heron Communications
More Bonus Money Available for Tournament Anglers In 2004 Ranger Cup Program
FLIPPIN, AR (December 8, 2003) Ranger Boats has announced that registration for the 2004 Ranger Cup is officially underway as part of their newly developed Ranger Owners Group. The Ranger Owners Group will offer a variety of distinct benefits and offers exclusively to Ranger Owners including the Ranger Cup program. The Ranger Cup Contingency Program has paid out over $1.3 million in cash and prizes to tournament anglers the past three years. In addition to increased payouts Ranger has introduced a new contingency element that will add 50 additional cents to every Ranger Cup dollar earned. This "Powered By Yamaha" component gives participating Ranger Cup anglers the opportunity to win an additional 50 percent more in cash payouts by meeting product and promotion requirements set by Ranger Boats and Yamaha.
"Since the inception of the Ranger Cup Program, both the payouts and number of participants has increased considerably," Ranger Boats President Randy Hopper said. "We expect this growth to continue especially with the introduction of the Yamaha partnership offering even more added money."
"We are pleased about the opportunity to participate in the Ranger Cup Program, there is no question that this will enhance our existing programs for Ranger/Yamaha customers" said Dale Barnes, Marine Marketing Division Manager at Yamaha Motor Corporation. To qualify for Ranger Cup competition, anglers must own a Ranger boat, fish from a Ranger in qualifying tournaments, meet clothing and decal display requirements, and return a completed official registration form. To be eligible for an additional 50 percent Yamaha bonus payout, Ranger Cup participants must also fish from a Ranger Boat powered by a Yamaha outboard at all qualifying tournaments. The official registration must indicate the serial number of the engine to qualify for the bonus.
To calculate the additional payout for the Yamaha bonus, simply multiply the Ranger Cup payout by 1.5. For example, if the Ranger Cup payout for a specific tournament is $6,000, the winning participant that also meets the Yamaha bonus eligibility requirements would receive an additional $3,000.
Details of the Ranger Cup Program are available by calling (870) 453-2222, Ext. 2415, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the Ranger Boats Web site at www.rangerboats.com. Fans can follow the Ranger Cup competition in all tournaments throughout the year by visiting BassFan.com and clicking on the special Ranger Cup icon.
Cash and prizes will be awarded to 2004 Ranger Cup participants competing in more than 20 tournament circuits. The following are details on the national Ranger Cup Programs:
- "The Ranger Cup 2004" - Qualifying will take place in 6 Wal-Mart FLW Tour events and 6 Citgo Bassmaster events. The top 6 Ranger Cup point finishers (as tracked by Ranger) in 2004 will be awarded $170,000 in cash including $50,000 for the champion. Longtime Pro Peter E. Thliveros was the 2003 Champion.
- Ranger Cup EverStart Series 2004 - All EverStart Series tournaments will serve as qualifying events. Ranger Cup participants who win an EverStart tournament are eligible for a $3,000 cash prize. The highest placing registered Ranger Cup participant at the EverStart Championship event will be awarded $10,000.
- Ranger Cup B.A.S.S. Federations 2004 - Participating State Federation events will serve as qualifying events. In addition to varying payouts and prizes for the individual events, the highest finishing registered Ranger Cup participant at the Federation Championship will be awarded a 519VS Ranger boat and RangerTrail trailer. (Yamaha Bonus does not apply.)
- Ranger Cup Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League (BFL) 2004 - All Wal-Mart BFL tournaments will serve as qualifying events. The highest placing registered Ranger Cup participant at the BFL All American will win a 519VS Ranger boat and RangerTrail trailer. In addition, Ranger Cup participants who register prior to a BFL tournament will be eligible for a $1,000 cash prize for winning any of the regular season, wild card or regional tournaments.
- Ranger Cup B.A.S.S. Opens 2004 - All regular season B.A.S.S. Open Tournaments will serve as qualifying events. Ranger Cup participants who register prior to a B.A.S.S. Open Tournament (and return their affidavit within five business days of the tournament) are eligible for a $3,000 cash prize for winning any of the tournaments.
- Ranger Cup Walleye 2004 - Qualifying events include four regular season RCL events, three regular season east division PWT events and three regular season west division PWT events. The Ranger Cup participant accumulating the most points (as tracked by Ranger) in qualifying events wins a Ranger 620VS boat and RangerTrail trailer. Cash prizes totaling $17,000 will be awarded to the Ranger Cup participants finishing second through fifth in the point standings.
Genmar, with approximately 6,000 employees and 12 manufacturing centers in the United States and Canada, is the world's largest builder of recreational boats and the industry's technological leader with the development of VECTM Technology, the Roplene® process, the Genmar FirstMateTM customer care service and the Genmar Integrated Vessel System. Genmar boat brands include Aquasport®, Carver®, Champion®, Crestliner®, Fish HawkTM, Four Winns®, Glastron®, Genmar® by Zodiac, Hydra-Sports®, Larson®, Lowe®, Lund®, Martinique®, Ranger®, Seaswirl®, Stratos®, Triumph® and Wellcraft®.
For the most up-to-date information, news release archives, downloadable high-resolution logos and photographs of Genmar products, visit our Web site at www.Genmar.com/pr. Check back regularly for new stories on Genmar and its companies.